All your publishing questions answered, plus a customized roadmap to your successfully published book – $1999.00
Helping authors map out their publishing journey is one of my very favorite things to do. I’ve had over 20 years of experience in self-publishing and helping others self-publish. I can steer you to a path that’s right for your genre, personality, and budget. I also like keeping track of you for the long term and being available to answer questions and to celebrate your successes. My goal is to provide you with a friendly hand along your path to successfully publishing and promoting your book.
But first, let’s chat for 15 minutes
We need to chat for 15 minutes first, before we start, to make sure we’re compatible workmates.
Just need a sanity check? A helpful hand to get started? Order an hourly consult. $300
The list of topics we’ll cover is long and will include directives on every step of your publishing journey. This list may include the following:
- Your publishing goals
- Timeline to publication
- Editing and proofreading
- Interior and cover design
- Ebook formatting and distribution
- Print book creation (POD and offset) and distribution for paperback and hardback
- ARCs, proofs, and printing options
- Offset printing options (if needed)
- LCCN and P-CIP acquisition for the library market
- ISBNs and bar codes
- What you must include on your book cover and title page for libraries and bookstores to accept you
- Your domain names, website, and blog
- Direct sales and 3rd party sales widgets
- Subscription plans
- Getting book reviews
- Social media marketing
- Traditional PR
- Marketing tools (Smashwords, Amazon KDP Select, GoodReads, the Reading Room)
- Post-publication tasks (Amazon Author Page)
- and perhaps more…
Let’s have a quick talk about your publishing plan
Here’s what authors like you have experienced…
Carla King did a fantastic job making the dream my husband and I had of self-publishing Full Circle a reality. We had a completed and edited manuscript but it seemed daunting to get the book properly formatted, uploaded and the drafts edited to various sites. She helped us to consider the proper distribution channels for my objectives and provided a true ‘soup to nuts” service for a new author. I am very grateful for her hard work and good counsel to make Full Circle a success.
– Erin Callan Montella, Author, Full Circle
Carla King is the Ninja goddess of self-publishing.
– Norm DeWitt, Making it Faster
Carla King is the CEO of all the geeky publishing advisor’s I know.
– Marla Miller, Marketing the Muse, Author, Deadly Little Secrets
What a blessing to find someone in the midst of the maelstrom that is the constantly changing self-publishing industry, who is kind, insightful, generous and a calm librarian of current information. Carla has been supportive and instructive above and beyond.
– Louise Chegwidden, Author, Granny Gets a New Knee
As a first-time self-publisher, I don’t know what I would have done without Carla’s help. Plus, Carla then became available to me via email when I needed advice about how to proceed–a huge boon in what can be such an isolating process. Thank you, thank you, Carla!
– Penny Rosenwasser, Ph.D., Author, Hope into Practice, Jewish Women Choosing Justice, Despite Our Fears
What a treat to have someone just straight up tell you the truth. Carla has saved me many hours of research and countless expensive mistakes I would have made.
– Scott James, Author, Sidewalk Ritual